Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Sydney

Okay, so I did write a really good post before...........but this damn blog maintenance was going on, so I lost the whole thing!!! Things that make you go 'ARGH'!!!! That aside, I will try and remember as much of my original post as possible!!

Anika Remembers.......... (imagine white clouds and pretty blue skies)

So, it seems like an eon ago (what on earth is an 'eon'??) but I was in Sydney last week!! I had a wonderful time and I owe a big round of thanks for everyone who made my parents and I welcome where ever we went. THANK YOU MUCHLY!!!

I managed to eat an absolutely scrum-diddily-umpcious Oporto Bondi burger on my first day in Sydney, and I'm glad. It was a good burger and I'm sure Vids, Yoomi and Kasun will agree that I enjoyed it!! (Rids and Mel are also well aware of how much I'm in love with the Bondi burger). It was fun catching up with my funny buddies and laughing about old times.

My graduation was incredibly interesting and not boring at all (maybe a little bit - there was a lot of clapping), but I was prepared to be yawning and honestly I don't think I yawned once (but who was counting huh??). I enjoyed the Chinese flute music and the most amusing thing was seeing the academics in their gowns walking/prancing to the music. The academics I recognised were Jenny Donald (she didn't recognise me!!), Ian and Joanne Jamie, and last but definitely not least, Peter Karuso!! Peter congratulated me and shook my hand after the Graduation ceremony and then tried to have a conversation with me. I almost had a heart attack and all in all, it was a stilted conversation with me asking him how Chem339 was going. He probably still thinks I'm an idiot. I still find him VERY intimidating and rather curt. What else, oh yeah, Kasun gave me a new mobile phone for my Graduation present!! What a sweetie!!! I felt rather ashamed when he gave it to me coz I had kept whining to him after my ceremony that he didn't get me flowers OR a Graduation bear. Hehe..........aren't I absolutely pathetic?? (I really wanted one of those bears though!!).

I had a great time in Canberra. The road trip there with Kasun and my parents wasn't as painful as I thought it would be so that was good. We did a quick tour of the new Parliament House and then met up with a couple of my Dad's friends who used to live in Darwin but now live in the Nation's Capital. The next day I had breakfast at Gus' with Mel, Rids and Kasun. That was one BIG breakfast let me tell you!!! I'm sure Rids felt like chucking one of his gardening tools at me from time to time. After breakky, we met up with my parents and decided that we should go to Questacom (as Rids said I would love it!!). My favourite exhibit was the giant kaleidoscope that you got to walk through and then feel dizzy afterwards!! Go the 'scope!! After that, as the weather had improved, we decided to make a mad dash for Floriade. After tiptoeing through the tulips a little a freak storm hit us and we ran for shelter into the cafe. By the time we sat down and ordered some comfort food the sun was shining again. We had more of a look around and then decided to drive back to Sydney.

We stayed in the city for a couple of nights and I had my fill of China Town, George Street and Myer. We also saw a movie at IMAX and went to Star City for the buffet dinner. YUM!!! Kasun also took me to Manly on Saturday for our 'anniversary' (and he still didn't buy me any flowers!!). Manly was nice and I wish I could have sat and watched the ocean for hours and hours.

All up, it was a very eventful week. I packed a lot in and I'm glad I got to meet up with a lot of my buddies. Thank you all so much for taking the time and effort to see me!!!

I can't wait to come back to Sydney and see the big smoke again!!!

Okay, so that was the end of my remembering............. the original post was probably more detailed and interesting, but all I can do is blame this damn maintenance people!! Damn them!!!

Have a nice day.

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: If life deals you lemons, why not go kill someone with the lemons (maybe by shoving them down his throat).

10 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...Anika, that handy thought of the day is funny.

Well, it definitely sounds like you had a great time in Sydney and I'm glad all is well with you.

Make sure you have a brilliant evening and please, watch out for that yellow tractor. He told me the other day in a very mechanical tone: 'I'll be back' so I just thought I'd warn you :D

Yoomi

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Kasun: I think Anika is "subtly" trying to tell you to get her flowers... its just the waves I am picking up - I might be wrong though!!!

Anika: Damn them maintenance people!

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, Vidya, you forgot to include the bear!!

Yoomi, Kasun wanted me to explain the story of the yellow tractor. He couldn't understand how a tractor could fall on anyone's chest either!!!

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo... For some strange reason, Anika, I was starting to think that perhaps we've taken things just a little too far with the yellow tractor and that we have a way of making fun of something which is very ordinary but Kasun's feelings lead me to conclude that we're justified in still talking about the Yellow Tractor :D

Yoomi

 
At Thursday, October 06, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

By jove we are!!! I mean, how on earth did that guy get under the tractor in the first place??

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

I still remember the day I came to the psych class you were all in and the yellow tractor made a RE-appearance!

WhatI don't understand is... how cana tractor fall on you and all that happens to you is that you lose your memory??? I mean really... if a tractor fell on me - I would remember it!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...I'm still trying to figure out how it fell on the guy's chest. I mean, I think there's some sort of major mystery going on. Vidya, you can be Sherlock, Anika can be Nancy Drew, I can be one of the Hardy Boys. And now, let the investigation begin!

Yoomi

P.S. I forgot Mel. Ummm, do you know the names of any big, important detective figures? It has to be from a classic though!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Mel can be "George" from the Famous Five...

Can be Poirot instead??? I love Poirot!!!

 
At Friday, October 07, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Can I be*

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm sorry but if you'd like to be one of those Famous Five, you're more than welcome to... :D

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home