Thursday, September 01, 2005

How Embarrassment!!!!

Okay, so on Wednesday I had to perform at the launch of the National Youth Awards in Darwin. Not just me by myself, but me and the other girls in my dance class, you know what I mean!! So, as you do, we decided we would do the Can Can, coz we are just SO good at it you know. After a few days of practice, and remembering the routine we were ready to rumble!!! When we got to the venue, we saw how small the stage was and were thankful that there was only four of us in the routine (there was NO way more of us could have been on there!!). After a few quick run throughs, we were all good..............or so we thought!!!

We then went backstage and finalised our costumes/makeup and kept warming up and practicing lifts and things like that. We were supposed to be on at 10.27am (exactly). We were all so used to waiting around to go on stage that I was surprised that we would be on at such a time. My dance teacher was in the bathroom when we heard a frantic "You're on NOW!"

The three of us were like "what??"

"YOU"RE ON NOW!!!!!!!!!"

3 of us: "SHAUNA!!"

We couldn't find where she was, so one girl and myself went out on stage only to realise that the music had already started playing................we decided to just stand there and ruffle our skirts about and smile. Then Shauna and Madeline came up on stage and by that time, the music was halfway through the dance and none of us knew what part we were up to. We tried to do a few kicks and I tried to follow what Shauna was doing, but alas, it was unsuccessful. I looked at Madeline and she looked at me and we both had that look in your eyes that said "this is a joke!!"

Shauna realised we couldn't keep stuffing around and in fact, the audience were actually laughing at us, so she was like "Cut, we have to start again!!"

Then she was like "sorry, I was in the bathroom............" This created more laughter from the audience.

We then did the dance again, pretty well I must say for people who had just recently suffered severe embarrassment. Though there was this one woman in the audience who kept cracking up the whole time, so I don't know whether that was a good thing.

We were also on the news for two seconds (our stuff up was not though!!).

Well, that is my most recent embarrassing story, I'm glad I could share it with you!!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: We used to laught at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some whore he picked up in town.

13 Comments:

At Thursday, September 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MLM related stuff? hmmm...interesting, very interesting stuff, MLM stuff!
Spammers have got all of us now haven't they??

Anyway, Anika, you need to stop the dancing, its giving you way too many embarrassing stories!!

Mellie

 
At Thursday, September 01, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I just killed that Spammer!!! Damn him to Hell!!!

I will never give up the dancing Mel, it's too close to my heart, but I will try and stop these embarrassing things from happening by being better prepared!!!

I am excited because it's almost home time!!!

 
At Friday, September 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...Go Anika. I'm proud of you. You live and you learn right??? I hope that you're having lots of fun during it all!!!

Yoomi

 
At Saturday, September 03, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

LOLOLOL!!!! THAT IS HILARIOUS!! I am just imagining the whole "Cut!". Please continue dncing so that I may have look forward to more such stories!!!

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, will do Vidya!!

What's everyone up to??

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

waiting around... och du?

 
At Sunday, September 04, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

What's och du??

Anyway, I'm kinda bored.......

BORED!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna update my blog, but I'm sure someone will walk behind me and say 'what are you doin??'

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

*walks behind Anika and says "What are you doin??"*

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005, Blogger Mr. R said...

you are almost as good a dancer as me! *smirks*

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika, update if you like. I'm enjoying the comments though :D

Yoomi

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hey!!! I've never seen you dance!!! I'm talking to Rids here!!!

Hands up any one who has seen Rids dance!!!! (Vidya, put your hand up!!) Hehe.

Yoomi, I too am enjoying these comments!!!

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

*sadly and quietly raises hand*

 
At Monday, September 05, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehehe!!! Vids, that's hilarious!!!

Was he dancing around/behind a tree in Switzerland??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home