Tuesday, July 12, 2005

So It Figures.........

I've gotten so old that the 'Candyman' movie I watched last night was not the version I watched as a child. In fact, this one was so pathetic, I felt rather embarrassed for getting Adam all excited about watching it............ It had the same cover as the original and I didn't bother to read the back of it, coz I mean, honestly, how many 'Candyman' movies can there be?? I know there are two, but this one didn't have part 2 written on it anywhere (or perhaps it did, now when I think of it, but I'm sure it didn't...........I'll check when I get home). Anyways, I was disappointed and I think Addy was too. Oh well, I'll just have to look for the original one I watched in my time.

I've been practicing hard for the Can Can performance we are doing at Bastille Day on Saturday night. I had a practice last night and I was so tired after it. I have been surviving on not much sleep this last week. I can't wait until our performance is over, I'm too busy to go to practices..........busy doing what?? I don't know!!!

Hmmm...........what else has been happening?? I have been moved to another location on the 12th floor. Ironically, I'm now sitting where my Dad used to sit (I think they did this on purpose!!). I have a great view of the ocean, which is quite delightful, but I feel isolated because I don't face anyone. In fact, I face a partition wall and a shelf of folders. How excitement!!! I now have a longer walk to the fax machine, printer, photocopier, toilet, kitchen, and exit door. I have a great view though (I keep telling myself this!!).

I'm actually going to miss all the hustle and bustle of having visitors when the leave. It makes life seem that little bit more exciting when you have to take people places. We are going to the Wharf for dinner tonight. Fish and chips!!! Yay!! For all you Kiwis, that was fush and chups!!! Ha ha!!

'Til next time, take it easy......

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Let me know when they go so that I can come and visit!!! :P

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

I bet you laughed extra hard the jack handy thought of the day for today!!!

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, yes, this is one of my favourite Jack Handy quotes. Well, they leave on Tuesday......feel free to drop by anytime after that!!!

What are you up to these days??

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

BTW, for everyone that's interested, after a conversation with a girl from work. I found out that I had indeed rented the second part of Candyman......

I told Addy that we should get the first part, but I honestly don't think he wants to watch it anymore!!!!! Awwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ocean views *sighs* I hope you're enjoying it today... Take care Miss Anika

Yoomi

P.S. Vidya, where are you these days?

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anikkaaaaaaaaaaaa... All is quiet on the Darwinian front... Hope you had a beautiful long weekend!

Yoomi

 
At Wednesday, July 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems out blogs have gone dismally silent. Regrettable to be honest...

Yoomi

 
At Friday, July 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting interesting... Good day Miss Anika! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Yoomi

 
At Sunday, July 24, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I should update my blog..........but, I'm a bit lazy these day.

I'm thinking of doing an adult night course in one of the following:

- Mah Jong
- Women's self defence
- Tracing your family history
- Creative writing

What do you guys think??

 
At Monday, July 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the creative writing though I should point that for some strange reason, I'm biased in favour of writing. I wouldn't have a clue why though :P

Yoomi

 
At Monday, July 25, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, I thought you might suggest that Yoomi!!!

However, I decided to go for the Women's Self Defence. I wanted to do this last semester, but it wasn't offered due to the small class size.

I might do the creative writing one next year, I'll see what happens and where I actually am next year!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home