Friday, September 16, 2005

Just Call It Disorganisation........

Well, I'm sure you are all aware of the fact that I'll soon be heading off to Sydney. How soon is a rather ambiguous fact..........see, I was certain that I would be arriving on Monday the 26th Sept in the morning. However, last night as I was finalising the bookings of accommodation around various sites in Sydney, I decided to have a look once more at my e-ticket.

It clearly read: Departing Darwin Sunday 25th Sept 1:30 am. Arriving Sydney Sunday 25th Sept 6:05 am.

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, infact, I'm leaving on Saturday night, not Sunday night, and I'm arriving in Sydney a whole day earlier than what I've been telling every body!!! Oh well, at least I'll get to see certain people sooner!! Yay!!

However, my Dad was like, 'what are we going to do about the accommodation??' So I rang up the Travelodge and booked in an extra day without drama.

However, my Mum was quick to point out that this was the second time I'd stuffed up the booking of tickets/accommodation. The first time was when I made a booking for them to come to Sydney last year and got confused about what day they wanted to arrive and booked it too early.............. I swear this whole red eye flight thing has kept me on my toes. Me being the good daughter that I am said 'yeah yeah, it's all my fault' and promptly went to bed.

I mean, how come it seems as if I'm the only organising this trip?? They are going along with me.............couldn't they do some ringing around instead of getting annoyed at me for getting the bookings wrong!!!! My Dad acknowledged this.............which I was happy about.

I'm starting to get excited about going now, only 9 days to go (instead of the original 10..........).

See you guys really soon!!!! Have a great day!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: If you're a horse, and someone gets on you, and falls off, and then gets right back on you, I think you should buck him off right away.

21 Comments:

At Thursday, September 15, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Why are mums like that???

CAnt wait to see you Anika! I was thinking that you would be here this Sunday! I don't know why I would think that though!

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, perhaps you read my ticket incorrectly too!!

 
At Thursday, September 15, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

I love the Jack handy thought of the day for today!

 
At Friday, September 16, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I know, if I were a horse, I'm sure I would be prone to doing that!!!

Yay!! I'll see you soon!!!

 
At Saturday, September 17, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

and I would be prone to say "Why the long face"... constantly!

 
At Saturday, September 17, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehehe!!!!

You're funny!!

BTW, our roaming comedy show starts soon!!!

 
At Sunday, September 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm stuffups happen all the time dear Anika.I'm glad that you'll be arriving earlier than planned. That equals more Anika time...

Yoomi

 
At Sunday, September 18, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Roaming Comedy show?? When is our first performance???

and "YAAYY" for Yumna's comment! I agree Yoomi baby:D

 
At Sunday, September 18, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hurrah!!!

*dances around a tree with Stampy and Rids*

But not TOO close to Rids, I make sure that Stampy is always between us!!! :p (that was for Vids benefit!!)

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be careful Nik's when you come to Sydney...I think if Vids meets you at the airport you might get a nice slap across the face in front of the baggage turn table for all your Rids comments!!!


P.S. I'm trying to find you an alternative name for 'Anika'. Would you prefer Nik or Slut-bag??


Mellie

P.P.S. I think I may be getting my ski boot out again as I've just rehurt my ankle today!!!

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mellie...How could you use such explicit language on a public blog when there's both an innocent audience or at least what we think of as an innocent audience (ahem...i.e. Vidya) or an underage audience... Anika, I'm in favour of calling you Uluru or something along those lines. What do you think???

Yoomi

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Yoomi, I much prefer Slut-bag.......

*gives Mel EVIL look*

Mel, what did you do to your ankle??

Yoomi, I agree, such language should not be used on a public blog!!!

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Knee-CAP!
Funny Ani
AY-nika
Niki
Anita



Do any of those appeal?

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I esp like Anita, because I get that ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...Anita, it vaguely sounds like something else, like another name I've heard somewhere before but I just can't quite put my finger on it...

Yoomi

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get Melissa all the time! Even Dave Raftos thought my name was Melissa because I introduced myself to him as Mel and then when he introduced me to someone he called me Melissa (this was half-way through the semester!)

I was walking up the stairs and my right foot hit the edge of the stair instead of the top and I stumbled and my left ('the evil') ankle twisted and clicked a little. I was fine and continued to walk for a while but my ankle popped and I new that my peroneal tendon was not good!! I'm not sure whether I should go to the doctor as they'll just tell me the same thing as I already know and will want me to go see multiple other doctors just to get to the diagnosis I'm already aware of!! Anyway!

Mellie

 
At Monday, September 19, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

MAybe you should see my doctor Mel...

How are you Anita??

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doctors are painful that way. It reminds me of this song that I studied in high school. They just refer you to all these other doctors and everyone gets to have a look at your 'problem' but either way Dame Mellie, I hope that ankle gets better soon...

Anikaaaaaaaaaaa, you shall be arriving soon if I'm not mistaken!

Yoomi

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Indeed!!! I can't believe how time has flown.........slightly scary actually!!

 
At Wednesday, September 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeedily indeed. Time does fly! :D

Yoomi

 
At Thursday, September 22, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

"The older you get, the faster it [time] goes"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home