Thursday, August 25, 2005

Relay For Life

I don't think I have told anyone that we, yes, DEET Financial Services are doing something called "Relay for Life". Basically we are raising money for the Cancer Council of the Northern Territory. We are doing fun things such as raffles, 50's clubs, selling drinks etc, and so on and so fourth. The 'Relay' we are participating in is pretty much an all night event where people from our 'team' walks around an oval continuously (taking it in turns ofcourse). I think it's for a pretty good cause, so I volunteered to do my rostered hour (or thereabouts) at 10am in the morning, as then I would only have to wait one hour until the relay was over (because it finishes at about 12noon!!). I don't particularly want to spend the night on an oval (yes, year 12 muck up day was enough for me!!! Damn those mozzies!!).

So, today we are having a lunch, where people have donated food and we are charging people who want to come to the lunch $10.00 to raise yet more money. The absolute great thing about this affair is that our team 'leader' had a great idea and now we are all wearing the VERY PURPLE relay shirts for the lunch. I can honestly say that the 'small' shirt is very BIG and I look like a purple people eater. I feel like an idiot wearing such a shirt and I can't wait to take it off. I think I bought a shirt this colour when I was about 14 and even then, I only wore it for a little while because I guess I realised what a mistake it was..............purple shirts guys, PURPLE shirts!!!

What on earth were they thinking??

Where they thinking??

We are going for a Hawaiian theme and we have those grass/plastic skirts (very colourful too) and mumus/lays to wear around our necks. Oh man, I can't wait!!!!

For this lunch today I donated 'fish balls' I know how popular they were with my uni buddies and also Kasun liked them. My dad made a 'funny' comment to our team leader by saying that he'd have to find some male fish, coz we need fish balls. Now, you guys can honestly see where I get my stupid sense of humour from!!!

Okay, I hope everyone enjoys dreaming about my fish balls (especially all those vegetarians out there).

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: I'd like to see a nude opera, because when they hit those high notes, I bet you can really see it in those genitals.

20 Comments:

At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

LOL! Are these purple shirts better or worse than your orange orientation.conception day shirts???

"Purple people eater"LOLOLOLOL!!!! I am jsut imaginign you running around eating people... LOLOL!

I shall dream of those fish balls Anika...

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika, I hope you have fun! Wearing purple t-shirts sounds like fun... Back in my good old days I used to make a point of wearing bright shirts, with a camera around my neck, to look as much like a tourist as possible :D

About you updating your blog (referring to your email) of course 'someone' gives a damn!

Yoomi

P.S. I just bought the James Blunt album. I think it's probably the most beautiful album I've bought to date. It's great!

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Yoomi : I love James Blunt:D

I also like his cousin... "Jimmy Sharp"....

 
At Thursday, August 25, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Vids, are you sure you haven't been hanging around my Dad?? You seem to have developed his sense of humour!!!

Yoomi, I like this whole tourist look you had going on!!!! Any incriminating photos??

 
At Friday, August 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...Vidya, Jimmy Sharp...I'm impressed :P What's his CD like?

Yoomi

 
At Saturday, August 27, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Yoomi... his music is more "metal"...(cuz metal is sharp...)

His brother "Frank" however plays music that is very much like that of blunt - he gets straight to the point!

I could keep going but I wont!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...I better keep away from this metal gentleman in that case. Thank you for your review Vidya :D

How are you Anika?

Yoomi

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, you guys are funny!!!

Keep up the good work, we will be starting our roaming comedy show soon!!!!

 
At Sunday, August 28, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

My pleasure Yoomi...

Anika... really looking forward to your visit!!!

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

I'm looking forward to my visit too!!! Yay!!!!

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

wait, what?? When are you visiting??? Am I THAT out of it???

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Mel, I'll be in Syd on the 26th Sept till the 2nd Oct. I have intentions of visiting Canb with my folks on the 28th or 29th Sept. I want us Oarsome Foursome to meet up sometime as well.....

Be there or be a square!!!!

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...Anika, I'd prefer to be a triangle... Weird sense of humour, I know!

Yoomi

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

You do that Yumna!!!!

In fact, it would be funny if you played the triangle once in a way.

*Ding*

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

"Ding"??? Was that Anika sending herself a reminder to update her own blog????

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

No!! It was me pretending to play the triangle!!!

DUH!!!

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

*Dinnnggggg*

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heyyy...I'm the triangle thank you very much! :D

Yoomi

 
At Tuesday, August 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quilateral? right angled? or Scalene?

I like the mathematical properties of a right angled triangle... I think I would like to be a right angled triangle...

-Vidya

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Oh yes Vidya, that's why they have three different names.........

 

Post a Comment

<< Home