Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Me?? Volleyball??

Okay, so I don’t think I’ve told many people that I recently started playing indoor beach volleyball. Well, I have!!!! To be completely honest, I was quite shocked as to how much effort actually is required and I was disgustingly sweaty after my first games last Wednesday. When I say disgustingly, I really mean I looked quite gross, much like I’d had a shower in my clothes, or more accurately I looked like I had been hit really hard with spray from a garden hose on my back, butt, arms, legs, and face. It was horrible and I know no one would have really wanted to get a lift home with me THAT night!!

I am still to develop more coordination in actually getting to the ball quickly and judging how hard it’s going to hit the net, but I can honestly say last night, I actually felt I had improved significantly. I mean we still lost because of me, but I mean, it was only the second time I played!! I was more involved in the game last night and actually fell on the sand a couple of times. I have gotten over the fact that I hate the feel of sand on my face, neck, arms, legs and also in my eyes and mouth…….. It’s honestly great fun and I recommend it to everyone, even if you think you’d be bad at it. I mean, if I can do it, I think a lot of people would be able to!!!!!

In my first game I was called up so many times for carrying the ball that every time I got the ball over the net, my happiness soon turned bad when the ref would call ‘carry’ and look at me funny. Last night, I didn’t even carry once!! Not even once I repeat.

Next time I plan to help my team win at least one game. The people I play with are really nice to me; they have all had about 2 years experience compared to my 2 weeks. I keep apologising to them every time I do something stupid, but they are so nice and say “don’t worry Anika”. Awww, how sweet!!! Thanks guys!!!!

Anyway, that’s all for now, enjoy your day now!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: If I was being executed by an injection, I’d clean up my cell real neat. Then, when they came to get me, I’d say “Injection? I thought you said inspection.” They’d probably feel real bad, and maybe I could get out of it.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 09, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika...I used to play volleyball in high school and I know that for me the biggest issue was serving but once, I practiced and I came to enjoy it a lot though I know that there was one entire sports season which I spent hating the bloody game. Good old memories. I hope you continue to enjoy it...

Miss you!

Yoomi

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG where's the chatterbox thingey???

Yoomi

 
At Wednesday, November 16, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

It's up again Yoomi!!!

I hope you're good!!!

Love from Anika xxx

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does it do that?

I am very well thank you :D

Yoomi

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005, Blogger AmitL said...

Hi,Anika,coming here via Khushee's blog..I see quite a few Aussie bloggers' blogs these days..so nice..(No,I'm not in Aussie,but,in Dubai)...nice blog u have.Do drop by my blog,at 'http://amitsmusings.rediffblogs.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home