Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Concert

Okay, so about two week ago I went to my first concert after AGES!! Seriously, the last concert I remember going to was Tina Turner when I was about 10!!! (Let me hear you sing "Nutbush City Limits"!!!) So, as you might imagine, I was pretty stoked about going to see Missy Higgins with her special guest Ben Lee!! *sings “Gamble Everything For Love”* I got to the Amphitheatre early because I wanted to get a good seat. The concert was scheduled to start at 7.10pm and the gates opened at 6.30pm. I was there at about 6.10pm with my chair and a copy of ‘The Va Dinci Cod’. I stood in line for a while, got bitten by mosquitoes a little and talked on the phone to Kasun. I marvelled at the fact that I was by myself but was not concerned. I looked at the young ‘gothic’ girl standing in front of me talking cool to her friend and thought “what a loser!!” Seriously, she would have been really hot with one sock on her arm and red and jeans.

Once I entered the Amphitheatre (at about 7.00pm) I saw that I had heaps of places to choose to sit and talked to one of the girls selling Missy Higgins merchandise (she does dancing with me). She tried to convince me to buy something but I said ‘no, I want to spend my money on food!!’ Hehe, how mean am I?? I then set up my fold up chair and got a call from Alayne telling me that she and her boyfriend would be coming soon. I then called Amy who said that she had just gotten out of her Mum’s graduation and would be there soon too. After that I relaxed with my funny book and thought to myself “it’s not THAT crowded”. After that it got too dark to see the words on my page and so I sat and listened to some girl singing (not very well, but better than what I could do!!).

Once Alayne and her man arrived, they went off to get food whilst I minded our spot. I made friends with the girl sitting near me whose partner had gone off to get food for her too. We talked about how ridiculously long the lines were and other small talk. Soon after that Ben Lee came on and seriously, he was great!!! I managed to get a photo of him on stage before all these dumb teenagers stood up and blocked my view!!! He did his little dance around stage with his guitar and looked very happy indeed!!! The girl next to me would yell out occasionally to the people standing up to “f#$cin’ sit down!!” Hehe, I would laugh internally but secretly agree with her. Those people made my waiting in line at 6.10pm a waste of time.

When ‘Disease’ came on, I got very excited and called Yoomi to let her listen to it. We sang along together and yeah, both got really into it, especially the ‘na na na na’ bit!!! (Man, I love that part!!). I then rang Kasun (coz I figured he’d like the song) and let him listen for a while too. Hehe, so basically I was bringing Ben Lee to people live!! *bows*

When Missy Higgins came on stage the teenagers went even more crazy!!! I was able to see her head occasionally which I was happy about. Alayne was lying down on a rug and couldn’t see past the people’s legs. Her voice was beautiful though!!! Really awesome and I’m so glad I got the chance to see her live!! I took a few pics of her but I haven’t developed them yet, I suppose if I start showing people photos of a crowd with a small white head amongst them, they will know I went to the Missy Higgins concert (and that I wasn’t one of those stupid people who stood up!!).

I’m so glad I went and the tickets were only $39.95!! I’m not sure what they would cost down south!! I ended up buying some ‘Missy Higgins’ badges which I have worn once. Absolutely useless but I guess I got caught up in the moment………….hehe!!

Sorry for taking so long to post, I honestly haven’t had much to say over the last week or so. Oh yes, by the way, my friend Maya is getting married on the 7th Jan 2006!! How cool is that??

Okay, it’s bye for now, but stay tuned for the next episode!!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: It’s easy to sit and scoff at an old man’s folly. But also, check out his Adam’s apple!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, October 27, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

I can just imagine you at the concert Anika!!! I was very happy when I read that you went to the concert but waht really "tickled my fancy" was the bargain price!!!! My mum would be proud of you! :D

 
At Thursday, October 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anika, I can officially say I've heard Ben Lee live thanks to you :P

I'm glad you enjoyed it...

Yoomi

 
At Monday, October 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika, I tried calling you on the weekend but well, 'tried' is the key word there. How have you been? I hope all is well with you. Take care always!

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home