Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas!!!

Hi Guys!!! I would like to wish you all the very best for Christmas and I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!!!

I cannot believe 2005 is almost over and 2006 will dawn in a few days!!! I'll never forget the hype about the year 2000, I honestly never thought we would make it past then!!! I have been in Darwin for almost a full year but I feel close to all my good buddies in Sydney despite the distance between us. Thanks guys (you know who you are!!).

I will be embarking on my journey to McArthur River Mines on Monday (the 26th) and I'm looking forward to it. I finally feel I'm actually moving on with my life (even though I'm moving to a pretty isolated area!!!). I have copped a lot of flack from people at DEET Financial Services about the guys that are at the Mine, but to be completely honest, I'm sure things will go smoothly. I'll let you all know how everything goes.

I will be spending Christmas with my parents and we will go to my Mum's sister's place for lunch. It will be quiet, but I'm still happy that I'll actually be here for Christmas and not at the Mine. I was asked to start on the 20th December, but I asked meekly whether it would be possible to start after Christmas and I was able to push my start date a few days back. I would rather have a boring Christmas than a lonely one!!! I will also be able to fly out on the 29th December and have New Year in Darwin!! Hurrah!!! The recruitment lady, Stephanie was VERY NICE to me!!!!

I don't have much else to say as I just am gearing up for Christmas and starting work. My last day at DEET was good and I can honestly say that I will miss the place and it was nice having my Dad around (that's why everyone was probably so nice to me, hehe!!!).

I would like to remind everyone to stay safe during this holiday period, please do!!!!

Take care!!!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: I hate it when people say someone has a 'speech impediment' even if he does, because it could hurt his feelings. So instead, I call it a 'speech improvement', and I go up to the guy and say "Hey Bob, I like your speech improvement". I think this makes him feel better.

6 Comments:

At Friday, December 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika, I wish you well for your trip to the mines. It sounds like an adventure really.

Have a merry and bubbly Christmas. It's been so hectic these past few weeks but I'm glad Christmas is literally around the corner. Now, we can all let out a collective sigh of relief :)

Yoomi

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

*breathes a sigh of relief*

I wish you the same Yoomi!!

Miss you. Take care and be good!!!

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Anika!

I hope you have a good time at the mines and I am sure that your christmas will be nice too.

lani

 
At Friday, December 23, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Thanks Liana!!! Enjoy your time sliding down the sails of the Opera House on New Year!!!!

 
At Saturday, December 24, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

*joins in the sigh of relief* MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

"Hi Anika... I like your speech improvement"! that is like my favourite one so far!!

 
At Monday, December 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas is gone, Boxing day is almost gone. I went to the beach today for the first time in ages and it was such a lovely and peaceful day. That's what I love ordinarily about the beach :D

Yoomi

P.S. Anika, do keep us updated...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home