Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Interview & The Eisteddfod

Well, yesterday was a pretty busy day for me. I had an interview for a part time phlebotomist and I also had to perform in the NT's Annual Eisteddfod.

The interview went well, I have applied for numerous positions at this location and I was happy to have FINALLY gotten an interview. I was interviewed for two positions simultaneously, I had also applied for a part time lab assistant position. I wasn't that nervous and I think I handled all questions well and didn't babble and croak too much. Anyway, the guy rang me this morning and advised me that I hadn't gotten the job, but that it had been down to me and someone else. The other person got the phlebotomist position because they had experience, whereas I had only done the pathology collecting course. He was very nice about it and said I was really good in the interview and that I performed better in the interview than the successful candidate, however due to my lack of experience they preferred the other person. However, I am still being considered for the lab assistant which I'm pretty happy about, though, it's a position that might not even be filled..........Oh well, there is always next time, and there are more positions I'm going to apply for.

My dance performance at the Eisteddfod was good. We didn't win, or come second. I actually don't know what our score was, but we had fun!!! (That's the main thing, right??) We honestly needed to have practiced with each other a LOT more to get the synchronized movements, but I had fun and smiled a lot. It's like a dream when you have to perform on stage. When you get off, you think 'did I really just do that??' Kind of like when you give a presentation, your mouth seems to have taken off all on it's own, and you don't even seem to control it. I miss the times when I would be backstage with my little dancing buddies talking and laughing about other people's costumes and dances and the feeling of nerves that made you want to go to the toilet. The only reason I needed to go to the toilet backstage last night was because I couldn't be bothered taking off my leotard beforehand, and so it was an Arafura Games Opening Ceremony-like affair.

It was a busy day, I had fun, but I'm happy it's over!!!!! I'm getting too old for things like this.

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: If you wear a toupee, why not let your friends try it on for a while? Come on, we're not going to hurt it.

8 Comments:

At Thursday, May 26, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Eistedfodd??? Darwin seems like the happening place!

YOU DIDN'T win??? Not even come second??? "But we had fun" - Such loser talk that:P

Thanks for letting the sub-continent down Aneeeka!!! :P

(You know I still love you - a little less now that you didn't win... but there is still some love) :P

PS: DOn't mind me too much... I am sick :(

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anika, I'm happy to hear about all that. It's good when you actually get feedback from an interview. I've found it to be a rather rare thing.

Take care and have a lovely weekend!

Yoomi

 
At Thursday, May 26, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Well, Vids, we didn't do Sri Lankan dancing........it's not MY fault we didn't practice enough!!! If we had done Sri Lankan dancing, we would have won, especially since we were in the Jazz/Hip Hop section!!! I hope you are feeling better.

Yoomi, I know what you mean about interview feedback. I never got any feedback from the other jobs I applied for at this place!!!

 
At Friday, May 27, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you a fine weekend!

Yoomi

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

How was everyone's weekends?? I know Mel had fun at the Art Gallery.........

 
At Sunday, May 29, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

Hehe...oh how the tables turn!
You know what, he came in today and was even more friendly than usual! hehe Men...The Eternal Idiots seems the appropriate thing to add here!

 
At Monday, May 30, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

*ding ding*

UPDATE BELL!!! :P

 
At Monday, May 30, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hehe, I was wanting to do the same thing, not say *ding ding*, but actually update my blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home