Monday, April 18, 2005

The Dream Team

Ahh yes, now we all have one. The other members of the dream team (Yumna especially) convinced me that I too should start a blog. Let's see how long I can keep this up!! To all who read this, you may be wondering who the Dream Team are. Apart from playing fabulous basket ball, the dream team also attended Macquarie University together.

Star player and also center: Mel
Forward and offensive player: Vidya
Baseline and defensive player: Yumna
Last but not least, slam dunker (AKA Michael Jordan): Anika

So, as you can see, we were not just smart jocks, but also 'incredible goodlooking'. All one word (Zoolander Style).

This post is a tribute to my Dream Team Sisters. I miss you guys a whole lot and I can't think of better colleagues/friends I could have spent my University life with. Thanks for the great times and introducing me to sarcasm, the highest form of wit.

'Though we are far apart, our spirits share the same earth, and the same sky'

Yes, that is from the movie 'Cheetah', an all time favourite of mine (when I was a kid, ofcourse!!)

I will finish off with a nice sayonara and I hope to see everyone I don't see often, very soon.

Take care and say hi to your Mum for me!!

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

8 Comments:

At Monday, April 18, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

YAY First Poster again! Hehe...who is this Jack Handy? It reminds me of a quote I use as my yahoo email signature: "He who laughs last didn't get it!"
I don't know why it reminds me of that but it does. You know what that means? It means when you laugh before your own jokes you get them the absolute most!

About time you joined our ranks sweetie...keep them up! Also, I'm pretty sure you tried to make the other nickname for the four of us cooler by calling us "the dream team". For those who don't know - we're REALLY called "The Awesome Foursome"!

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Err, yes, we really are!! I love wearing that cool green and gold tight-fitting suit!!!

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

BTW, Jack Handy is some guy who writes very philosophical quotes about everything. I think he's on some American TV show.

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

I wear my suit when I'm going for a jog - I put a pink tutu over it and sometimes wear my rollerblades to give me the "edge".
Hehe I tried to set up a screen saver with my photos and it keeps getting stuck on my ear hair one!

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

P.S. I love your title:
I've never been to the USA,
I'm a slave to the minimum wage
Detroit, New York and LA
But I'm stuck in the NT!

Your living the dream Anika...Living the dream!

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Watch out Mel, don't roller blades give people blisters??

I am indeed living the dream. In regard to my title, the DJ from a popular club 'The Vic' was singing it when 'Who Said' came on. I thought it was the BEST thing since sliced bread and would often sing it to myself whilst walking around my house.

Hehe.

 
At Monday, April 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol... Anika, the dream time... what happened to the oarsome foursome. Actually forget I even mentioned that. I really miss hearing from you and I'm hoping that you will be posting often and we can go on rambling about all sorts of weird stuff. Hope you're having a good day at work!!

Yoomi

 
At Thursday, April 21, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :( Me crying now :(

*sniff sniff*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home