Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Missing Sydney

Things I miss about the great city:

1. My boyfriend, Kasun (the 'long distance thing' really sucks!!)
2. My friends from Uni, MUV and randoms met along the way
3. My unit
4. My apparent independence
5. The HUGE bookstores
6. The Thursday nights out with Annique at Metropolis (and then getting Maccas on the way home)
7. The monorail (the views are gorgeous if you don't get into a carriage that gives a sardine tin a run for it's money!!)
8. The $6.00 roasts at the Ranch
9. Oporto's Bondai Burgers!!!!!
10. Kasun's car (c'mon, it was a nice car!!!)
11. Cooking with Shakti (then having him yell at me to get out of the kitchen!!)
12. Eating icecream at Darling Harbour
13. Buying cheap/expensive/useless things at Paddy's Markets
14. The long bus ride to the city

Ahh yes, Sydney does hold a VERY special place in my heart. One of the things I regret not having the opportunity to do is sliding down the sails of the Opera House

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be 'Laughing, Then Jumping Off Something'.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear... Anika, Anika... Never mind, Sydney misses you too. That idea of sliding down the sails of the Opera House is amusing. I think that a lot of the time I wish that you were still here. At least that way, I'd be able to just drop by or something but anyway, there is the net and blogs... Aren't they great or what???

Yoomi

 
At Tuesday, April 19, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

You spelt Bondi wrong ... you mustn't love Sydney enough to spell it right! hehe I get the missing Sydney - I watch the weather every night only to see pics of Sydney harbour. Also, my desktop background in of a pic a took of the Sydney skylines - but I'll be there in less than three days - YAY.
P.S. I'm getting a house mate

 
At Wednesday, April 20, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Yumna: blogs indeed are great. I am getting quite excited about my blog and thinking of the next Jack Handy quote to add. Hope you are good and well.

Mel: I spelt Bondi wrong on purpose, I wanted someone to pick it up, this way, I knew people were actually reading my blog. *congratulates self on handling situation so well*

 
At Thursday, April 21, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

I am jsut catching up on all your past posts...and commenting as I go along :D

miss you too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home