Thursday, April 28, 2005

Gizmo

I'm sure all those who read my blog know I have a cat named Gizmo (except random people like Elijah, who was that guy??). Now, Gizmo is getting on in age (he will be 12 in a few months!!), however, he still behaves as if he was about 6 months old. I don't know if he is having a mid-life-crisis, but lately he has been tearing around the house in the mornings. He did this last probably quite a few years ago. It amazes me that the same tricks still amuse him, and I love the fact that sometimes I'm quite afraid of him and have to tell my Dad to come to my aid. That cat has attitude. Anyways, after his recent mad dash down the corridoor, he whacked into the bathroom door (it was loud!! I was also in the bathroom at the time), later that night we noticed he was limping. Poor little thing!!!! After cuddling him and telling him not to run around the house so much we thought he had understood. However, the very next morning, he was at it again!!! Gizmo holds a very special place in my heart. I got him when I was 10 during my school holidays. He was a neighbourhood stray and since my cat had recently passed away, we adopted him, or maybe, he adopted us, we will never know. I have heaps of photos of him growing up, and there is one photo of me holding him. I showed my Dad this photo recently and commented on how little Gizmo was. My Dad then said, look at how little YOU are!! Which really got me thinking. Gizmo has been a part of my life for so long, I don't know what I'd do without him. Though I don't realise it, sometimes I take him for granted (however, I realised this when I was at Uni, when I wanted him to be in my unit so I could hug him to keep myself warm). He is a beautiful cat and I would marry him if I could!!!!! Hehe.

Things that make you go AWWWWW.

Jack Handy Thought For The Day: When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But then I got curious about it. I picked it up, and started wandering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.

8 Comments:

At Friday, April 29, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Hey Ducky nutty... or perhaps... Dorky nutty!!!

"AAAWWWWW" (I also imagined the way you say "awww... little one"...

I dont think I have seen pics of gizmo!

 
At Friday, April 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol I love that quote Anika. Aren't cats cutes or what? I absolutely love them. Sylvester has been around in my family for almost ten years and cats have so much personality that they're like humans. Cute little things :D I will be a die hard cat fan till I die :)

Yoomi

 
At Saturday, April 30, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

I dont like cats :P (I am looking forward to waht all of you will to say to that:P)

 
At Saturday, April 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vidyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... How could you? You're positively anti-feline. I think that's classified as discrimination. I'm sure there's an Act somewhere that covers dislike for cats.

Yoomi

 
At Sunday, May 01, 2005, Blogger Mellie said...

I'm with Vids: Cats are too pretty and snuggly and cute when they purr and I love their meows and the way they try and kill you when you tease them with food, and....who am I kidding I couldn't even sarcastically say I don't like cats! Shame on you Vidya!
Anika - I now have a flatmate who has THREE CATS!!! they're moving in next weekend - so I'm guessing you'll have to come to Canberra now *evil laugh*

 
At Monday, May 02, 2005, Blogger Anika From Darwin said...

Hey Girls,

Vidya, you need to get to know a cat, you will then proceed to fall in love with it.

Yoomi, I hope Sylvester is good and keeping you on your toes.

Mel, you're getting a flat mate!!!! Man, 3 cats....that's a lot of kitty litter!!!!!

BTW, I'm reading a VERY addictive book called 'Sundowners' By Lesley Lokko. I think you would all like it.

Also started my pathology collectors course today. Was okay actually. We have to draw blood from other class members tomorrow, I'm kinda scared!!!

 
At Monday, May 02, 2005, Blogger Vidya said...

Pathology courses are GOOD! According to my doctor, there are plenty of jobs for that here in Sydney!!!! (I am not hinting or anything!:P)

I don't like cats - then again... I don't like any animal! So I am equally hateful to all other creatures - That's why I don't eat them :P

 
At Monday, May 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anika, glad to hear the course is going okay. I'm with Vidya though, there is a lot of work here for Pathologists. I'm thinking I just might head over and update my precious blog...

Yoomi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home